Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School – Chiang Mai Food, Thai Snack & more
The Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School takes you on a culinary adventure in Chiang Mai. Introducing you to Chiang Mai food by sharing cherished family recipes and traditions, Asia Scenic is more than just a Thai cooking class – it provides a flexible and all-round experience of what makes Thai food one of the most vibrant cuisines in the world. So, get ready to tickle your taste buds and have a blast while you’re at it.
- Departure: Chiang Mai
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Meeting time: Approximately 08:20 - 08:50 (morning tour)
- Meeting point: At your hotel lobby
- Experience the local Thai lifestyle and visit a market
- Get creative and cook the dishes that you want
- Learn Thai cooking from authentic local teachers
- See how herbs and vegetables are grown locally in the Asia Scenic kitchen garden
- Take home unforgettable memories and a cookbook containing various authentic recipes
- Try your hand at Thai favourites like massaman curry, sticky rice with mango and more
Pick-up and drop-off service
The pick-up time at your hotel varies based on your hotel location and traffic.Pick-up and drop-off service is available for hotels in the city centre. If you are not sure where your hotel is, please indicate the exact name of your hotel when booking and our team will get back to you with a suggestion.Please note that guests can enquire directly with Asia Scenic after the class to arrange a transfer with no additional charge. Free drop-off services to Chiang Mai Airport, bus station, train station or hotel are available.
1. Appetizer: Spring roll2. Curry (choose one): khao soi, massaman, panang, green or red curry3. Stir fry (choose one): Pad Thai, fried rice, stir fried hot basil, cashew nut with chicken or pad see ew (stir fried noodles)4. Soup (choose one): tom sab (hot and spicy soup), tom kha gai (chicken in coconut milk soup), or tom yum koong (hot and sour soup with prawns)
Any guests with dietary preferences are advised to mention these in the "Special Request" field when booking.With advanced notice, Asia Scenic can make arrangements to cater for vegans/vegetarians, as ingredients can be substituted.Please note that the above-mentioned food menu is subject to change according to trends, seasons or local conditions, without notice in advance.
- Tea & coffee
- Bottle of water
- Guide (English)
- Other expense
Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School teaches how to make Chiang Mai food from Thai desserts with coconut milk to the famous khao soi
See why great Thai cooking is considered an art form at the Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School. Although you’ll get to master Thai favourites like khao soi, massaman curry, and many more, this Chiang Mai cooking class is more than just a cooking lesson.What makes the Asia Scenic cooking experience one of the most unique things to do in Chiang Mai is the charming atmosphere of learning about Thai cooking from a real Thai family. You’ll get to familiarise yourself with authentic recipes passed down from generation to generation, visit a local market, and taste fresh herbs and vegetables straight from the family’s kitchen garden. Asia Scenic says it best, “All Thai people can cook but not all Thai people can teach you how to cook.” So, getting a hands-on experience of the local lifestyle as well as learning how to grow organic produce and cook the tastiest Chiang Mai food from these experienced teachers is an unforgettable experience.Adding to the laid-back vibe of the day is the flexibility of this Chiang Mai cooking class. With no fixed menu limiting guests to certain dishes, Asia Scenic allows guests to ‘cook what they want’ and be as creative as they can be. With the guidance of awesome local chefs, you’ll soon get those creative juices flowing while cooking up a storm.The day will be filled with memorable moments, laughter, and creativity but for everything that can’t be captured in a mental picture, Asia Scenic provides guests with an authentic cookbook written by the owner. Soon you’ll be able to look back on your wonderful Chiang Mai cooking class experience and try your hand at cooking the best food in Chiang Mai in your own home. Whether you’re after a delicious Thai snack, khao soi, or an authentic red curry paste recipe – the options at Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School are endless.