Your half day adventure will be spent at the Chiang Mai Night Safari, which is a nocturnal zoo located in Chiang Mai, part of Doi Suthep-Pui National Park. Guests can enjoy their adventures through the zoo by riding on a 50-seat open air tram to meet elephants, giraffes, zebras, lions, black bears, tigers, hyenas, crocodiles, and many more. Many activities are lined up, especially if you are ready to have a direct contact with the animals, including bathing elephants, feeding hippopotamus and rhinoceros.
Chiang Mai Night Safari is considered by many to be the most beautiful Night Safari in the world. Twice the size of the Singapore Night Safari it’s on over 300 acres. The Night Safari is essentially a zoo set out like a theme park. For animal viewing it is separated into three main areas:
The first activity is the Jaguar Trail Zone. This is a day time activity that guests can enjoy which consists of a 1.2km walking trail around a lovely lake. There are over 400 animals to see here including White Tigers, Jaguars, Leopards, Monkeys, Camels, Horses, Cranes, including wallabies and koalas. If the walk is too long they also have Segways for hire.
The second and third part of the safari zoo takes place at night which is the Savanna Safari Zone and the Predator Prowl Zone. The Savanna Safari Zone houses over 300 animals including White Rhinos, Hyenas, Lions, Cheetahs, Wildebeests, Giraffes, Ostriches, Zebras, and Water Buffalos and there are even Kangaroos, Dingos, and Emus. The Predator Prowl Zone houses over 200 animals including Tigers, Lions, African Hunting Dogs, Vultures, Wolves, White Tigers, Canadian Wolf, Asiatic Black Bears and Crocodiles. Guests will be able to see how these animals live at night time. This is a truly unique experience.
Another special feature of the Night Safari is the nightly musical fountain and water screen laser light show. There are two spectacular shows where you stand or sit around the foreshore of a huge fountain and watch the display broadcast through cascading water sprays accompanying by music washing over the whole area. While there guests can check out the photo corner where you can have your photo taken by a professional photographer with some of the baby animals like lions, tigers, crocodiles, and bears. They offer many restaurants, a fun plaza for the children and tons of souvenir shops. They now also have Cabaret Shows and the White Tiger shows.
- Round pick up from hotel
Schedule Time for guide tour (Duration 30 mins)
- English speaker guide: 18:50, 19:30, 20:30, 22:00
- Thai speaker guide: 18:30, 19:30, 20:30, 21:30, 22:00
- Customer need to have a cash card for buying everything in the safari, but it is refundable.
- Be careful when feeding animals
- 2 Zones of Night Safari (Savanna Safari, Predator Prowl)
- Jaguar Trail Zone - 11:00
- Children World, Digital Zoo, Carousel - 11:00
- Giraffe Bar & Restaurant - 11:00
- Feeding Arapaima - 15:00
- Behind the Zoo (50 people/day) - 14:30
- Photo with small Animal - 17:30
- Ride a horse - 17:30
- Tiger Show (No service on Wednesday) - 17:30, 19:30, 20:30* onlyon weekend
- Elephant show - Nam whan (No service on Tuesday) - 18:10
- Photo corner - 18:30
- Safari Dancing Show - 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00
- Activities Paradise on Friday and Saturday (1 time/day) - 18:00
- Night Predators Show- 2 Time - 18:50, 20:40
- Horseman Show - 19:15
- Musical Fountain & Water Screen - 20:00, 21:10